My Stress Busters , My saviours !!

Each one of us get 24 hours in a day and it is up to us to spend it as we want. We cannot complain after we have made a wrong choice.
I am an early riser by choice and have a well planned daily routine. So, like any other working woman I too ensure  that I balance home and work decently. 

Work from home is a blessing for me though it takes away most of my time as it doesn't have a fixed slot.
So with so much of hustle bustle through the day around my family n work I do get stressed out. But I have a little rule for myself and that is my ‘Me -Time’ with my stress busters.

I have two lovely choices - My Pet and my Plants.
                      

So Sultan, my Pit bull  is like Mary had a little lamb.. following me everywhere- from kitchen to any corner of the house as I go about my house chores.Whether it is my daily visit to the temple or to the market, my little buddy tags along everywhere. He even sits through my prayer-time at my 'Mandir' at home everyday and is also seated next to my work station all through my office hours . I keep talking to him on and off which he really likes.His unconditional love for me is beyond words to describe. He is with me through the thick and thin of my life.

The other stress buster - my plants are my life line too. Sultan is also very fond of them. He takes interest in my new arrivals and chooses his set of plants to medicate himself too. I have seen him eating the grass, Basil ,Carom leaves and Hibiscus leaves often.

My plants give me a lot of happiness and peace. The healthy green plants add positive vibes in me.It is painful to see them getting parched in the peak summers.I await for each new flower to bloom and that brings an instant smile on my face. So whenever I have a little free time I go and spend it with my plant buddies. Every evening after work it is gardening time by default that I don't miss.
 
Today I posted a picture from my lovely plant collection and titled it as ‘My Stress Busters’… immediately a dear friend responded and asked me if I would share the experience on it and that's how this blog came up.

Yes…. We all need stress busters that suit us and can relieve us of tough times that we go through. The choice we make won't make our  stress disappear, but it will reduce the emotional intensity that we feel. This happens as we distract our mind from the tough things to relaxing ones. Each one of us must pick a hobby, read , write, draw , sing , dance , listen to music, do gardening, keep a pet , exercise , walk  meet friends or whatever that gives us pleasure and spend at least 30 minutes pursuing it.

Is it a tough call? Is it possible? Can we all not have a stress buster?
I extend my sincere gratitude to my stress busters as it is indeed the magic of their presence in my life and emotions generated by them which makes them my saviours !!
I promise to take care of them wholeheartedly.

Comments

  1. So happy to learn about tiny contribution of mine :-) your words would encourage so many of us to start loving plants and in a way, to save our planer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Appreciate your genuine views .Thank you so much !

Popular posts from this blog

# The Golden Shower- Kani Konna Poovu & Saleem

"Wanderlust and Camaraderie: Unleashing Empowerment Through Travel"

The woman that I am